To Be Gray or Not To Be Gray
I try to ignore when my birthday comes round, and its not that far off. But ever since my early forties, a streak here and a streak there of the salt and pepper began to annoyingly spring forth.
There was a time I could easily hide it blending it in between my dark hair.
But that was then. Now, its like a flipping chicken without a head, springing up in new growth at the end of every month or so.
Looks more whiter than before.
I played with the notion of letting it grow out just out of curiosity, and for a few weeks in, I tentatively allowed my'natural' to come out and even tried liking what I was seeing. I must admit, there is a glowy type of silhouette on some women, not all who have grey hair ..but those are the ones who maintain and take care of the condition of their grey locks. Most people just let it all hang out. Men are lucky with this, they can go total gray and no one bats an eye or they are just not that bothered. It is what it is.
I did some research and tried to convince myself ..and believe me, I had watched through dozens and dozens of videos of women who took the leap of faith and went grey. Some took the long grow out route and some did the full chop to start over and some went to the hair dressers to get it fully bleached and grayed in.
I even entertained the idea of going to a wig shop to try on a gray wig to see just what I would look like. I never got round to it.
Anyway, I think I had grown at least an inch out of the gray peppered stuff and had second thoughts. To be honest, after skimming over tons of clips, interviews, and videos on the web about the many women who had transitioned and made the full journey from ditching the permanent 'covers all gray'. I concluded. No, I am not that quite ready, YET.
As for those who have made the 'journey'. All power to them.
I just began to notice that the vast majority of them in the 'end results' were very heavily made up. Full blown make up. Strong lip color and eye make up. There weren't too many that went totally bare faced with their salt and pepper crown of glory in an untouched up picture.
I mean, how many women go outdoors every day with perfectly coiffed salt and peppered or silver gray with full on lips and smoldering eyes go out in jeans and sweater with runners down to the local Superstore or Walmart to fetch a loaf of bread to come back and do their daily chores?
Ahh, too much work.
So just for now, with my L'oreal Medium Brown with full gray coverage, to temporarily atone my graying locs.
There was a time I could easily hide it blending it in between my dark hair.
But that was then. Now, its like a flipping chicken without a head, springing up in new growth at the end of every month or so.
Looks more whiter than before.
I played with the notion of letting it grow out just out of curiosity, and for a few weeks in, I tentatively allowed my'natural' to come out and even tried liking what I was seeing. I must admit, there is a glowy type of silhouette on some women, not all who have grey hair ..but those are the ones who maintain and take care of the condition of their grey locks. Most people just let it all hang out. Men are lucky with this, they can go total gray and no one bats an eye or they are just not that bothered. It is what it is.
I did some research and tried to convince myself ..and believe me, I had watched through dozens and dozens of videos of women who took the leap of faith and went grey. Some took the long grow out route and some did the full chop to start over and some went to the hair dressers to get it fully bleached and grayed in.
I even entertained the idea of going to a wig shop to try on a gray wig to see just what I would look like. I never got round to it.
Anyway, I think I had grown at least an inch out of the gray peppered stuff and had second thoughts. To be honest, after skimming over tons of clips, interviews, and videos on the web about the many women who had transitioned and made the full journey from ditching the permanent 'covers all gray'. I concluded. No, I am not that quite ready, YET.
As for those who have made the 'journey'. All power to them.
I just began to notice that the vast majority of them in the 'end results' were very heavily made up. Full blown make up. Strong lip color and eye make up. There weren't too many that went totally bare faced with their salt and pepper crown of glory in an untouched up picture.
I mean, how many women go outdoors every day with perfectly coiffed salt and peppered or silver gray with full on lips and smoldering eyes go out in jeans and sweater with runners down to the local Superstore or Walmart to fetch a loaf of bread to come back and do their daily chores?
Ahh, too much work.
So just for now, with my L'oreal Medium Brown with full gray coverage, to temporarily atone my graying locs.
Comments
Post a Comment