The Lord's Clock has Moved Forward

1 Chronicles 12:32
And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.


Its been almost a month since I started this job working as a market research telephone interviewer. In the past I used to get overly too committed when I just started a job. So much so, that I guess, I allow myself to get caught up and distracted away from what is really important as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. Or as the new Testament originally called us believers. Followers of The Way. I like that description better than calling myself a Christian anymore. 
Nowadays, telling others that I am a Christian. It doesn't have that much worth or meaning anymore. Not like years ago where it drew some measure of respect. Nowadays, anyone can say they're a Christian and do whatsoever they wanted. Such a shame really. 
Anyway, back to the new job. It has its ups and downs. But right at the beginning of getting it. I told myself, and I personally feel that it was the Lord too, injecting this type of mindset to keep.

'Its just a job. That's not your life. Just a means to put support myself and put food on the table and pay the bills'. Not to get so involved that I forget who is the One that really does the supporting.
Oh, there are days..where the computer randomly picks numbers out of nowhere and calls a respondent and I have to be ready with the script spiel to try and get them to allow me to go through with the interview and reassure them that I am not a telemarketer. Good and bad days. Last two days, they let us off earlier. I am thankful, but a tad ticked as that was almost four hours of pay gone. Friday night came ..I had all Saturday to go through. I didn't want to go in. So, I called in Saturday. I didn't have to make up a story. I actually felt yucky. So, it wasn't a lie. My body didn't want to deal with that whole day. Kind of ironic because I ended up sleeping most of the day..so I guess I did actually listen to my body. Back to the grind tomorrow. Its just a job. 

Didn't have much desire to want to pray much this morning. Even read. Thank God for the internet and a laptop and headphones. I can listen to someone else doing the reading. 
Again, kind of listless inside. I was up on the mountain a few weeks ago..Now I feel like I am wallowing in a mud hole right now and for now, I rather just stay right here. 
As I was waking up this morning, there was a desire to want to go to church again. I went a couple of weeks ago to a local evangelical baptist church a couple of blocks from here. I have been meaning to go for months ..finally when I did get dressed and went. Nice and comfortable inside. Good lighting. Everyone politely focused on the pastor as he shared his sermon notes. I sat at the back. I did feel a leading to go. For the message. Yes. It did speak to me. For the church. I don't think so. I think the Lord just wanted me to hear that message. Its been a long time since I actually went to church. Any church. Truth is  I didn't really miss much. 
The difference now, is that. I am more aware. What I mean is, I wasn't part of the crowd warming the pew. I wanted to belong. But I didn't belong in that. I couldn't adapt to this. Yes, I willingly want to adapt myself to everything to do with God's Word. But not this. Not this kind of setting. Thoughts went through my mind, how many are actually really listening and digesting what the pastor was saying? Including the pastor. Was he listening to himself? 
Towards the end of the service the pastor encouraged his flock to go say hello to new comers. 
Ahh, this is where we will see if they were listening. 
Service over, I picked up my bag and jacket and made a few eye contact but no one came up to even shake my hand or welcome. Just glances and the odd practised smile. Coffee table in the lobby and it was free. Let me go up and get one. Self serve, although a steward stood behind the table to assist. I didn't get any. One sip of the watered down coffee. I wanted to pour it into the bin. 
I saw other foreigners like myself, but they came with their families or with somebody. I didn't see much different treatment from what I experienced. Walking out the door, an usher ..well I think he was an usher. Opened the door for me to pass. I turned to him and handed him my still full coffee cup. 
'I can't drink this. It doesn't taste right.' I said to him. 
'Oh, whats wrong with it?' He asked accepting the polystyrene cup of flavoured water from me. 
'Its off. Can you dump it for me?' I shoved it deeper into his hand and waved good bye walking away quickly before he said anymore. 
Lord, was it just the message? Because the atmosphere in there is dull and I don't want to get up early on a Sunday to get dressed to come out to this anymore. 
This is whats wrong with the churches across this continent. People are almost coma-toed, dulled and roboticly traditional. Asleep is a better way to put it. A spiritual sleeping but their bodies are awake. I think for those who are aware. Unless the Lord prompts to stop by one of these 'worship meeting places' for a visit. Don't stay!!
Something's terribly wrong.  I feel they are like sitting ducks waiting to be ambushed out of no where. 
Easy prey for the enemy. 

Its lonely sometimes, not having much one on one contact with other believers and worshipping together. I really miss that. Alot.

This morning, I pondered whether to go visit another church. Ugh. 
Will wait for the prompting. 
Then the download came while I lay on my couch, cat sprawled out across my tummy. 
'Entering a new times. Things going to get extremely harder.'
'Everywhere, times are going to get tougher'.
'Tightening'
Season has changed. 
God's spiritual clock, has moved forward another hand closer to worldwide destiny. We have moved out-of and in-to. 
What does it mean, I do not know. We will see more upheaval world wide in the forth coming weeks. Something is just round the corner and its going to shake everyone everywhere to the core. For those of the Way, it would be another opportunity to get and run closer to Him. 
For those carnal, fleshy and worldly. To draw further away from Him and back to their formal ways. 
The separation had been taking place years ago...but the deep divide will be more obvious. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dragon will take his seat in The Big House! Woe, woe. They are here and have arrived!

The Wall