Have you drank the Kool Aid yet?
The online and offline Christian community is a buzz with excitement about Kim Davis the Kentucky clerk..who refused to give out same sex marriage license and even preventing her deputies from doing so.
As a result, everyone is in an uproar about it. Personally, I do not agree with same sex marriage period and I support biblical teaching that it is an abominable thing before the Lord. But then so is hate, lying, stealing, killing.
Isn't that equally as an abomination before the Lord?
I have a few gay friends that I communicate with from time to time. No, I am not gay. They know I am a strong born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. My Lord and Saviour.
They know I don't accept the lifestyle. But should I pick up my bible and hammer them over the head and tell them that they are going to fry in hell?
Most sinners deep down believe that there is a God out there. But, because of condemning religous people, don't want anything to do with Him and are turned off and are lost forever.
However, as a believer, you will encounter episodes where the strong arm of confronting sin is a must. It has to be done.
Especially in the face of someone knowing that I bear His name. Purposely and deliberately, blaspheme and curse Jesus to my face. Yeah, then you have a war.
I will definitely confront ...as led.
There are times, He will prompt me..."this is my fight".
And boy, Oh Boy...He deals with them justly.
Sin is sin. I don't think any one sin is greater or lesser in degree before the Lord than the other. I think in God's eyes. Sin is sin. And it needs to be repented of, and obliterated under the blood of Jesus Christ.
Yet, I cant help thinking how the media, including online christian media seems to have an unspoken out-loud agenda and we are all drinking the kool aid and allowing controlled opposition to get the best of us. Many are not practising calm and restraint. To pull back and look at the whole picture. In reacting to the force fed news...picking up arms and go to war. They do more damage than good.
They scatter rather than gather.
Back to this Kim Davis.
My initial reaction when the news first broke out was. ''Wow! Good for her.''
A check inside. Something is not making sense at all about this picture.
I work in retail and deal with the public every day. From all walks and colours and creeds and sexual orientation.
That's a laugh in itself.
Unless you tell me, you are gay, straight or not. I would not have a clue.
Customers are customers.
When you sign up for a job in dealing with the public sector. And especially in Customer Service, you know that you will have to treat every customer ..whoever, and whatever they're with respect and dignity. You are fully aware that every form of humanity out there will be an encounter.
Kim Davis KNEW this.
She as a public servant and should've handled the circumstances in more gracious and professional way and still be a shinning light to all.
We are taught in customer service. If you are unable to serve a person at your register, i.e..for rudeness and disrespect etc, whatever cause that makes you uncomfortable...call the management or back up to step in. Then go about your business.
Instead, she drew everyone else into her personal crusade. And the whole thing blew up IN HER FACE.
Now she is in jail. And the christian community is siting her as a persecuted hero.
She bought the persecution on herself.
Deliberately. For attention.
Now the vast majority of believers are crying persecution, persecution. What a hero she is.
No she is no hero.
More like self inflicted persecution.
Jesus when He walked this earth before His resurrection...there was an incident in the bible where He ate and sat with sinners and tax collectors. I wonder if among that crowd of 'sinners'. How many were gay?
He was among them. He didn't participate in their sin lifestyle. He was among them. They heard Him speak and they were drawn to Him..many became His disciples.
Mark 2:15
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.
As a result, everyone is in an uproar about it. Personally, I do not agree with same sex marriage period and I support biblical teaching that it is an abominable thing before the Lord. But then so is hate, lying, stealing, killing.
Isn't that equally as an abomination before the Lord?
I have a few gay friends that I communicate with from time to time. No, I am not gay. They know I am a strong born again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. My Lord and Saviour.
They know I don't accept the lifestyle. But should I pick up my bible and hammer them over the head and tell them that they are going to fry in hell?
Most sinners deep down believe that there is a God out there. But, because of condemning religous people, don't want anything to do with Him and are turned off and are lost forever.
However, as a believer, you will encounter episodes where the strong arm of confronting sin is a must. It has to be done.
Especially in the face of someone knowing that I bear His name. Purposely and deliberately, blaspheme and curse Jesus to my face. Yeah, then you have a war.
I will definitely confront ...as led.
There are times, He will prompt me..."this is my fight".
And boy, Oh Boy...He deals with them justly.
Sin is sin. I don't think any one sin is greater or lesser in degree before the Lord than the other. I think in God's eyes. Sin is sin. And it needs to be repented of, and obliterated under the blood of Jesus Christ.
Yet, I cant help thinking how the media, including online christian media seems to have an unspoken out-loud agenda and we are all drinking the kool aid and allowing controlled opposition to get the best of us. Many are not practising calm and restraint. To pull back and look at the whole picture. In reacting to the force fed news...picking up arms and go to war. They do more damage than good.
They scatter rather than gather.
Back to this Kim Davis.
My initial reaction when the news first broke out was. ''Wow! Good for her.''
A check inside. Something is not making sense at all about this picture.
I work in retail and deal with the public every day. From all walks and colours and creeds and sexual orientation.
That's a laugh in itself.
Unless you tell me, you are gay, straight or not. I would not have a clue.
Customers are customers.
When you sign up for a job in dealing with the public sector. And especially in Customer Service, you know that you will have to treat every customer ..whoever, and whatever they're with respect and dignity. You are fully aware that every form of humanity out there will be an encounter.
Kim Davis KNEW this.
She as a public servant and should've handled the circumstances in more gracious and professional way and still be a shinning light to all.
We are taught in customer service. If you are unable to serve a person at your register, i.e..for rudeness and disrespect etc, whatever cause that makes you uncomfortable...call the management or back up to step in. Then go about your business.
Instead, she drew everyone else into her personal crusade. And the whole thing blew up IN HER FACE.
Now she is in jail. And the christian community is siting her as a persecuted hero.
She bought the persecution on herself.
Deliberately. For attention.
Now the vast majority of believers are crying persecution, persecution. What a hero she is.
No she is no hero.
More like self inflicted persecution.
Jesus when He walked this earth before His resurrection...there was an incident in the bible where He ate and sat with sinners and tax collectors. I wonder if among that crowd of 'sinners'. How many were gay?
He was among them. He didn't participate in their sin lifestyle. He was among them. They heard Him speak and they were drawn to Him..many became His disciples.
Mark 2:15
While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.
Jesus is our example.
As for Kim Davis.
I have one more thought. Maybe it's just me. I always said..you wanna know what is inside a person?
Look into their eyes. You can generally see the person's soul.
I was in a conversation just a day ago with my daughter. We discussed this quite deeply. One thing I have noted. When you look into a Christian's eyes. There is a softness, a serenity. A gentleness in their eyes ..a light that just glows out from them.
Even the feeblest of believers. That light is there.
I didn't see it in this woman. There is hardness, even cruelty. The facial expression ...in all the public pictures of her.
Eyes are shrunk and mouth is taught. No softness ..
Is she a believer of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Conclusion
The media hypes and manipulates public opinion. We know that they do not give us the whole truth ..and many stories are cunningly manufactured . There are those who own and control it. Even hiring actors to create a scene with other intentions unbeknown to the masses. Only to those whose eyes are opened and listening.
A scene like this Kim Davis the Kentucky clerk ..can easily be created with the right willing actors...or victims.
Why, for what reason. To slander, benign the body of Christ. To turn public attention against the true believers of the Lord Jesus Christ. To make us look crazy, dangerous. Psychotic.
They already mock us, and put down our Lord Jesus in comedy and movies.
Ministers of the gospel are already depicted as the crazy money grabbing snake oil sales men. With a bible in hand.
Strong delusion is here.
Don't drink the Kool Aid.
Comments
Post a Comment